There is a multitude of ways to increase your home’s value. And there are multiple reasons why one would want to increase their home’s value. You don’t have to be selling or thinking about selling to want to update your home. You may just want to update for the sake of updating. Take a look at the tips below for a few of the best renovations and updates to bring the most value to your home.
- Kitchen: Depending on the age of your kitchen, an entire remodel will bring the most value. Updated kitchens can sell the home itself. It’s the number one update homebuyers are looking for. Updating the cabinets, counters, appliances, and floor are all key bigger updates. Updating the paint and adding a backsplash will add style and again value. Small updates are a necessity including the faucet and lighting. For quicker and less expensive updates shop at discount stores and repurpose cabinets, if possible.
- Bathroom(s): Bathrooms are another important update for increasing your home’s value. They endure a lot of wear and tear with use multiple times a day. Small updates such as light fixtures and faucet(s) are short money for good value. A complete update will bring the most value but will dependent on the amount of space available. Adding a serene and luxurious feel to the master bathroom will be a great benefit to the value. Even making other bathrooms in the home more modern and spa like will greatly increase the value.
- Front Yard: The front yard is the first thing that anyone sees of your home. And your front yard can distinguish you from other homes in the neighborhood. Adding a fresh coat of paint or stain to your porch and stairs, adding flowers and new mulch, and keeping your grass green and luscious can greatly add to the curb appeal of your home and ultimately the value.
- Popcorn Ceilings & Wood Paneling: Completely removing popcorn ceilings and/or wood paneling will add tremendous value to a home. Both features are extremely outdated and unappealing. Removing those will give your home a more modern look and feel. If looking to sell, this update will make your home much more appealing to buyers. Having to update those two things will seem very daunting to a homebuyer that is looking for a modern home.
- Paint: Remove that wallpaper and add a fresh, bright paint of coat to any room that could use it. Wallpaper often times makes rooms look dated and can peel and tear, especially in bathrooms. Even if you do not have any wallpaper, a fresh coat of paint is a simple and inexpensive way of updating a room and making it look new and modern.